The Center for Accelerated Real Time Analytics (CARTA) is a multi-university and industry collaboration dedicated to pre-competitive research in advanced data analytics. Links to our partner universities can be found on the Partners page.
The vision of CARTA is “To drive innovation in Faster Than Life Analytics.”
The use of Data Analytics has become the “cover charge” for private and public organizations that want to provide high levels of service to their clients and customers. However, data is no longer limited to static repositories that can be analyzed at will, but now includes live, moving data sources such as video, voice, social networking, and the Internet of Things (IoT) that must be integrated across multiple sources to provide immediate, real-time decision support. Extracting value from massive and moving data hinges on balancing fundamental research, technological know-how, and commercial market intelligence.
Achieving this vision involves much more than just speeding up the processes of collection and analyzing data. Data wrangling, the process of preparing data for the application of analytic tools and techniques, is rapidly becoming a critical part of the analytics process, especially for non-textual data sources. Data governance is another developing challenge as organizations seek to use data from many sources. Understanding the quality and provenance of the data is vital to making trustworthy decisions based on analyzing multi-source data streams. Cutting across all of these is the need to maintain the security of the data and the analytic processes, especially when the data itself can contain executable and potentially malicious elements.
To meet these needs, CARTA’s mission is to
- develop cutting-edge tools, approaches, and expertise that will significantly lower the barriers of entry into advanced, real-time analytics;
- connect members to advanced technologies and tools for easier, more efficient, and more meaningful data fusion and analytics;
- provide our members with access to multidisciplinary analytics expertise;
- build project-specific teams to optimize talent resources fast turnaround environment; and
- offer member organizations first access to our advanced analytics talent stream.
You can read more about membership and what CARTA can provide for your organization on our Member Benefits page.